Friday, January 21, 2011

freedom of choice

i like feeling free. and i love the freedom of choice over my body. today NARAL is asking people to blog about the topic "given the anti-choice gains in the states and Congress, are you concerned about choice in 2011". i've never wanted this blog to be overly politicized but the right to choose is very important to me and i wouldn't be me if i didn't at least give NARAL a big shout out for their important work. and yes, i am always concerned - regardless of who is in Congress - that choice may be threatened. I think it is critical to stay concerned to avoid complacency.

but this is not a political blog. (despite politics being something i like, this blog is meant to be a creative outlet - not intellectual. there are other blogs for that)

enter this amazing dress by free people. i love it. free for sure. i will buy it soon. and because of this post, when i do it will remind me of my freedom; to never take my rights for granted; the importance of continuing to stay vigilant; and brave women around the world that fight for reproductive rights for us all. <3

1 comment: