Monday, October 22, 2012

hot tea

Hot tea on a fall day is so comforting. As i type away, the sound of rain beats on the skylight outside my door and the smell of peppermint permeates the small confines of my quaint office. Something about fall rain is so motivating for me.  It must be that I'm forced indoors, as the outside world is too soggy to play in. Or perhaps it's the new season signifying a new start, a time to reflect, reevaluate and recommit myself to my work. Maybe the rain metaphorically (and magically) washes away my anxieties and hesitations.  Perchance, it is simply the smell.  Whatever the reason, the first fall rain throughout the night always manages to reinvigorate me by morning. And as the rain continues to beat away, my tall boots, black & white striped sweater and jar of hot peppermint tea keep me warm and oh so happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment